top of page
Available in Print:
Click on image to learn more
Jane Shepard is a screenwriter and playwright whose scripts have been seen, published and produced around the U.S. and internationally. She lived and worked in New York City for 25 years, where she developed plays in association with some of the city's most renowned theater companies, including The Public, Circle Rep, Ensemble Theater Company and New York Stage and Film. Two collections of her work currently appear in print. (And yes, the tattoo is real.). Shepard's work is distinguished by a contemporary humor that blends the quixotic elements of human nature with our deeper search for meaning.
JANE IS THE RECEPIENT OF...
• A WRITER'S GUILD AWARD Nomination
• THE NEW YORK FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS FELLOWSHIP (3)
• A JANE CHAMBERS AWARD
• A SLOAN FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP
• THE ROBERT CHESLEY PLAYWRIGHTING AWARD
• THE BERILLA KERR AWARD FOR PLAYWRIGHTING
• THE FRANK PISCO PLAYWRIGHTING AWARD
• A WRITERS GUILD FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP
bottom of page